Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Happy New Year....This is will be a Great Year- In Jesus Name!

Hi everyone!!!


It has been a few weeks since I have been on my blog for numerous reasons but I am back:) My new year has been relatively quiet....loved it! I think as I get older I treasure peace and quiet:) Since the last time I had updated my blog, I have been to the ER twice...one for mild pneumonia and an infection which raised my heartrate...to this day my heartrate is still high....50 times more than my normal usual heartrate. Doctors do not know exactly what is going on. I am a little worried about it. My second visit was last week....my eyes decided to swell up at the same time. I had radiation to my right eye back in August of 2010 because a tumor had affected my vision. The Drs at Valley Medical told me that I would permanently lose my vision but by God's grace my vision is slowly returning to my right eye.

So the Drs at Stanford Hosp gave me an ointment for my eyes....Its doing much better except that I have another eye infection this morning.....LOL!!! Yes my life is very exciting!!:) So I have put some eye drops and hopefully it will clear up so I can go to the evening service. I need to- I will be down for the next couple of weeks.

One thing I am so happy about is that they stopped chemo on me and I am feeling much better.  They had to stop chemo on me for several reasons and one of them was because my type of cancer was not responding to the chemo. It has grown twice as big so we are going for our second option of surgery to remove the tumor. I am scheduled for surgery in the coming week and of course I am a little nervous...my second time going under the knife but that does not make it any better. Leaving it all in God's hands...He will see me through.

Apart from that I have been getting more energy and rejoining everyone in the land of the living:) I am able to get up and clean my room....giving my hubby a break:) Before I could not even sit up on some days. All I wanted was my pillow and blanket and my heater....yes I would be freezing in the middle of the day..lol! Woke up this morning with no probs except for the swollen eye.

One thing you will need to do when going through cancer is that you need to pay attention to your body.....very important because your Drs will quiz you on every visit. No one who goes through cancer comes out the same way they went in. If you are fortunate enough you will not have any side effects from your treatment....maybe some battle scars...testifying to what you have been through. I salute fellow survivors.....it is not easy because it wears you down physically, emotionally and mentally. That is why whenever it gets hard for me I remind myself that someone out there is having it worse that I have. I am grateful and thankful that I have God on my side...if it wasn't for Him...I would not be here today...real talk!! Every cancer patient wishes for good health....its that simple....nothing else matters.

Things that you take for granted you will treasure....like your appetite:) Its so funny how when I go for chemo all I can see on each patient's screen is food channel:) One of the most common side effects is nausea and not being able to keep food down....thus the obsession with food. Cancer is something I would not even wish for my worst enemy. Cancer sucks!

I am looking forward to getting better and just getting back to normal life. I miss so many things like just being able to fellowship and socialize with family and friends.....my kids at my Sunday school class. So can't wait to get back!

 Have a great Sunday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment