Powered By Blogger

Friday, June 17, 2011

Update

So yesterday was uneventful. Went for my appointments. Saw the radiation oncologist. We went through my records. Since I have Le Fraumeni Syndrome http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/li-fraumeni-syndrome I am not supposed to be getting any form of radiation unless that is my last and only option. So we have a tentative treatment plan in place. We got to review my brain MRI. Saw the 2 spots. They are still at 3mm so no need to worry about it right now. Getting new scans in 3 weeks to see if it has grown and we will decide on treatment then. I was going to start bawling...lol! it was a moment where I was wishing they would leave so I could just pull myself together. Proud to say I kept myself together ALL DAY...lol! yay me! Sometimes it does get too much and I start to wonder will this ever be over.

Met with my oncologist after to see how I was fairing. Well CT scans had shown that the nodes in the lungs had increased in size. From 11mm to 16mm. But she assured me that we need to give it time since I have just started on my treatment 3 months ago. We had shrunk those suckers before with Taxotere, Germicide and Tamoxifen. I lost my hair on this one. It was a little rough. But we got through it by the grace of God.

My new treatment includes Herceptin, Zolodex, Zomeda and I take Arimedex daily. Herceptin to take care of the breast cancer, Zolodex to stop the ovaries (thus the early menopause) and Zomeda to strengthen the bones since they had discovered new bone lesions. This treatment is a little easier to handle compared to the last one. At least I thought so..lol! Oh my how wrong was I..lol! I had done Herceptin before and never had any complications. So I went in not dreading anything at all...my nurse started me on saline and then put me on Herceptin....I reacted with bad chills (rigors) bp dropping and O2 stat dropping...they had rapid response team in my room and my husband and sister were told to go wait outside. I can't lie I was nervous and I thought I was going to kick the bucket...lol! Little sister was a mess and panicking and husband was getting there...but thank God that drama came to an end...lol! But I am happy to tell you that my system is behaving thus far and here's to hoping it stays that way:o)

My regiment was changed last week.
Wk 1: Herceptin (1wk dose)
Wk 2: Herceptin (3wk dose), Zomeda and Zolodex and then a break for 21 days;o) I heart my breaks..lol!

I took this out of my CT Scan report. Did this scan 3/11/2011:

IMPRESSION:

1.OVERALL WORSENING OF METASTATIC DISEASE, WITH INCREASING SIZE AND
NUMBER OF THE MULTIPLE BILATERAL PULMONARY NODULES AND AT LEAST ONE
NEW BONE LESION.

2.POSTSURGICAL CHANGES IN THE LEFT CHEST WALL WITH DECREASED
LOCULATED LEFT PLEURAL EFFUSION.


My song: Whose report will you believe? So taking it one day at a time. This is not over yet but it will be soon. Believing in that!!



1 comment: