Powered By Blogger

Friday, November 12, 2010

Hairy Issues

As you know if you are going through chemotherapy you will most likely lose your hair- so I have gotten mine cut since it was falling faster than I thought. This is the second time I am going through this and I am more prepared now than I was before. At 24 when I had to cut my hair I was bawling my eyes out. I could not cut my hair. For women our hair is our identity- so for me at that time I felt like part of being a women was being taken away when I lost my hair. It took a while for me to get used to it. It was a joy to have my hair grow back for two years:) Short time but I enjoyed it while it lasted. My hair texture changed to something I liked:)- one of the benefits of chemo:) when it started growing back it was unbelievably soft...lol....people would ask to touch my new hair- it was too funny:) then the curls came in later but I liked my new hair.

So here we are again- my hair is gone again for vacation for another year:) I was a little hesitant but more ready this time around- handled it like a pro- no tears- I am a grown woman...LOL!!! Sis Vickie you have been such a great friend at this time. Thanks for always being there for me. Looking forward to when this is all over with! Yes this too has its season my friend! Its not going to drag on forever!! Gotta kick that devil in the teeth!

I will have my glory back and I know it will be better than the last:) So for now I think the ozone layer will be thankful for 1 can less of hairspray:)

My hair right before cutting it- I had lost more than half of my hair here.

No comments:

Post a Comment